Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Tips For Triumphant Living--Stop Fretting

Psalm 91:1-2 says, Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord; He alone is my refuge my place of safety; he is my God and I trust him.

I could probably write a book about fretting. I’ve done more than my share, especially in recent months. There’s been a lot going on around my place.

It’s human nature to worry. But that doesn’t make it okay. Psalm 91 tells us that we don’t need to be anxious if we belong to the Lord. Our bright ideas, our fretting, or trying to figure out solutions is not the answer. Oh, we can sort out a problem or handle a situation; God did give us brains after all. But there are things in life that can’t be changed. Still we try to fix them, and when we can’t we get anxious. We need to hand these situations over to God. He can handle them. If I’m afraid it means I’ve lost sight of the One who watches over me, the One who offers shelter and rest.

When we place our lives in His hands then we can trust that whatever comes our way is part of His greater plan. He’s big enough and wise enough to know what’s best.

So then, shall we approach God and rest in His shadow? He’s waiting for us.

Grace and peace to you from God.

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis