Monday, August 09, 2010

Quiet Moments With God -- A Cheerful Heart

Over the weekend, my husband and I moved . . . again. We've done a lot of that in the last year. At this stage of our lives, it's difficult. We couldn't do it without assistance and we're thankful for the helping hands that shared the work.

Our son traveled from Central Oregon to offer up his brawn. And our youngest daughter and her children also helped, plus another friend. It was a lot of work, but it was also fun and I'm very happy to be settled in my new home. I'm hoping to stay here a good long while.

Our home is actually two houses. There's the main home plus an addition.We moved into the addition.

I made a lot of trips back and forth. On one of those trips I carried family treasures while one of my grandsons and my granddaughter walked in front of me their arms loaded with sheets and towels. Smiling, they chatted, happy they could help. It was a precious snapshot that will remain imprinted in my mind--a picture of God's grace "in action". He wants us to help one another. Later that day I attended a memorial service at my church and again I witnessed God's love, given through the hands of people.

A wave of blessing washed over me as I felt the mercy and love of The Father through the love of people. Helping hands and hearts are an expression of His love.

May we always remember it is an honor to be part of God's family. And that being part of the family means caring for and loving one another.

Grace and peace to you from God.

Bonnie

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on a new house!
    And what a great excuse to get the family together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristen.

    I love my family and I'm with you--any excuse to get together is good enough. :-)

    Hugs,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bonnie, Yes it is hard moving, I never look forward to it, so I hope we don't again.
    Anyhow, I pray it goes very well for you. God bless you and make the move just right for you in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Crystal Mary. Thanks so much for your prayers.

    We've got most everything moved over. There's still alot to do--like get the pictures on the wall, but we'll do that at our leisure.

    I hope to enjoy many good years here.

    Grace and peace to you,


    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrads on your move to a new house. Family sure helps. Guss what? I have never moved. I live in the home place all 67 years. My parents died 11 months apart when I was 19 and 20 years old. Then I married when I was 21 years old and he moved in with me. We were happily together 36 years before he died in 2001. My son and grandson live about on hour away. Needless to say, I wouldn't even know how to move. I do have a Cheerful Heart with God.
    God Bless You and Your Family.
    Big Hugs!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. How amazing, Rebecca. And what a blessing to have such deep roots in one place.

    I pray you can live out your life in that house and if God has another plan that your cheerful heart will continue beating strongly.

    Blessings,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. came by to say hi, and see how ya was doing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jel, for asking.

    I threw my back out a couple of weeks ago and then last Sunday it got so bad I had to be transported to the hospital. Still here. Taking baby steps toward getting well and hope to go home soon.

    Blessings,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry to hear that!

    hope ya mend fast! :)


    take care

    huggs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me,too Jel. Thanks for the good wishes.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis