Monday, June 18, 2012

Quiet Moments With God: Where Are You Lord?

 Have you ever crawled out of bed, feeling like you've been run over by a truck? And worse yet, that your spirit felt like it had been flattened too? Have you felt like God is so far away you'll never find him again? And that He doesn't even care? I admit to having been in that predicament more than once. In fact, this morning was one of them. Today started out rough. And no matter how bad I might feel I ought to know better than to let emotions rule me, but I got caught up in a storm of them . . . again. I really had an attitude--and not a good one. I think I said something like, "Okay God, I've had enough."

Eww. Sorry, Lord. You don't deserve that.

We know that life doesn't always make sense and sometimes it's downright unfair. Or so we think. But we only see a fraction of what God sees. He knows the beginning, the end and everything in between. And he always has our best interest in mind. Right?

WE TRUST HIM OR WE DON'T. RIGHT?

I'm not judging anyone who has a down day or a terribly bad moment. Really. Because we all do, don't we?  I believe God's Word is true. And that when it says it is "God Breathed" then that's just what it is. I can trust it. I can trust God. He knows what He's doing--even when I'm having one of those I should never have gotten out of bed kind of mornings.

And so this morning, while I was griping and focusing on circumstances I was miserable. But God is so good to me. He just shook His head and said, "Bonnie, Bonnie, Bonnie. When are you going to learn? Look at me. I'm right here." That's when the Holy Spirit nudged me and I sat down and opened my Bible. And there He was, my Lord . . . waiting for me. Oh Lord, thank you for waiting. Thank you for your mercy. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for your love!

Seek Him and you will find Him. And then the world will look sunnier.

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff here, Bonnie.

    There are mornings when I feel like the truck also backed over me.

    We do all have bad days at times, the real deal is to trust in Him - even through those bad days.

    When I'm having one of those days, I just ask God to walk beside me. I know He's there, and I'm trusting in His guidance. I can feel his gentle nudges in one direction or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I HATE is when I sorta wanna keep on in my snit--arrrgh! The Psalms always set me straight. I'm such a good whiner/griper I studied them a lot--someday, perhaps this winter, I'll edit my book "Girlfriend's Guide to Godly Griping" and let the world know--bad subject to be an expert on...perhaps I can find a better title. But I think everybody has their down times and God is the answer--HE'S always the answer! And when ya only have God--then you find God is enough! Yup yup... <3

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis