Friday, May 10, 2013

Thoughts For Today -- The Journey

I'm in the middle of transition and trying to find my way along a new path. I don't like some of the changes in my life and my natural response is to fight against them. But I'm not so sure that's what I'm supposed to do. Perhaps God has another plan, one that does not come from my own desires but His.

I can be stubborn and self-centered. I'm sure if you talked with  my mother she'd have plenty of stories to tell. And my husband would have even more. But stubbornness when bent under the will of God is strength. If that is the case, then I'd best relent and bow to God's will--Get over it and get on with life.

It sounds simple, but for someone like me it's difficult. Sometimes when I look back at who I used to be and what my life once looked like my heart breaks. Life was made of up of adventures, fun with friends, a household filled with the laughter and activities of children. And a body that hadn't let me down . . . yet.

So recently I've been praying and seeking and I've been crying. Yes, crying. But you know, crying isn't a bad thing, God gave us tears for a reason. We just don't want to get sucked down into self-pity, which serves no one. I know God holds my life in His great big, strong hand. His will is the right way, always, and if I seek Him He will show me the path I am to walk.

Right now I feel like the character "Much Afraid" in the book Hinds Feet In High Places. She traversed cliff  sides, mountain tops and deep valleys and she was afraid. Unlike her, I know the end of the story, which gives me courage and hope. Her journey was long and arduous, but in the end she found a glorious new life. 

Stepping forward I am a bit fearful, but I'm holding up God's shield of faith to fight off the fiery darts being flung at me from the enemy. And remembering the He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world. Together, God and I will stand. And I'm excited for what is to come. When the enemy attacks I can be certain the Lord is up to something spectacular.

Satan is alive and well in this world. We see that truth every day in the lives of our neighbors, in the news, on our streets and in our families. We need to pray and uplift one another. And remember that God wins. He has already won. Satan just doesn't get that . . . yet.

I ask that you pray for me and I will pray for you. If you have something you need prayer for and feel comfortable sharing here please do--prayer is a powerful weapon against evil. If you would like to send me a private  prayer request just hit the contact button and send me a message. I promise to pray for you.

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:11 PM

    I have walked where you are walking right now. A couple of years ago I thought I had the perfect job and everything was great and a fall and broken shoulder turned everything upside down. But, as a result, I am now in a job at my church where I can use my office skills and be in a position to minister to others in a way I never have able to before. I cried many tears and fought some depression. God brought me through and has blessed me so. I will be praying for you as you seek God's will. Getting to know you through your blogs and books has been a blessing in my life.

    Love and prayers being sent your way.

    Ann Ellison
    abilene_nana@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, isn't it amazing what God does in our lives? He can take the worst situation and make something beautiful out of it.

    I get so frustrated with myself because too often I look at the circumstance and forget what God can do. Thank you for the reminder. I'm so thankful he's blessed you with such a perfect situation.

    And thank you for your prayers. They mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis