Thursday, June 26, 2014

Quiet Moments With God - What Is Your Focal Point?




I settled into my reading chair this morning and asked the Lord to speak to me. He is always faithful and I will hear . . . if I'm listening. Today as my eyes went to 2 Corinthians 4:16 - 18 His Word gave me strength.

"Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

My mind returned to the birth of my new grandson. The memory is still close. My daughter's labor became so intense she started to believe she couldn't do it, couldn't make it through even one more contraction. Frantic, she asked us to help her find a focal point. She needed something to set her eyes on that would help her mind contemplate on something other than the pain.

In our sometimes difficult lives, we share the same plight. We need to contemplate on something other than our pain. The Lord in His grace offers us a focal point. We are to fix our eyes on what is unseen - the Lord. But He is not really invisible to us. He reveals Himself in the glory of creation, in the hearts of His followers, and even in the sweet fragrance of new life. 

Do not lose heart, focus on the things of the Lord and you will be filled with the peace of God and the certainty of eternal glory.

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis