Monday, August 13, 2018

In Training



A few days ago, I sat down for my quiet time with God and picked up my daily devotional. What it said couldn't have been more perfect for me and the place I am in my life.

"I am training you to cultivate a thankful mind-set. This is like building your house on a firm rock, where life's storms cannot shake you. As you learn these lessons, you are to teach them to others. I will open up the way before you, one step at a time."

Tears flowed. 

Now to take the steps God has laid out for me.

If you've followed my recent posts you know my life, this past year or so, has been a uphill climb. And as I'v climbed, I've been trying to do just what this devotion says - cultivate a heart of thanksgiving. Today, I woke up feeling bewildered and a bit lost. While my family (some live here on this property with me) set out to do their daily tasks. I stayed home. In the midst of my punk mood I felt as if I were being left behind ... again. 

And then I read God's Words for me today.

He has my steps planned out. He will show me the way He wants me to go. But, there is a requirement He is asking of me. I need to be grateful for who I am and where I am and to trust His choices for me. 

I have a great deal to be grateful for. I've been married to a man who has loved me, through thick and thin, for 47 years. I have three good-hearted children who love the Lord, and seven grandchildren who are a big part of my life. And we all love each other. I've spent 38 years in a home on a mountain-top planted in the midst of God's majestic beauty. And I am one of His children who lives with hope because He loves me and has saved me.

God will lead the way. He will open the doors. But we have to step through those doors, and if we're to know the joy and fulfillment God intends for us, we need to step out with thankful hearts. 

May you recognize and receive His many gifts, all wrapped in His love.

Grace and peace to you from God.

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. I need to be attentive to Him in my quiet time to beaware like you, Miss Bonnie. What an inspiration. I needed you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, so glad my words encouraged you. God is so good and knows just what we need. May His presence in your life be powerful and life-changing.

      Delete

ShareThis