Friday, November 16, 2018

Strangers No More


Don't you love how God can drop us  into a group  of  Christian strangers and we instantly know we are family?

That happened to me last weekend. 

I was the guest speaker for the women's retreat at the Church on the Mountain in Welches, Oregon. I met a bunch of lovely, smart, funny and gifted women and was immediately swept up into their loving family. I was there to be a blessing to them, but from my perspective, I am the one who received a tsunami of blessings. I now have new sisters and brothers who will be close to me through now until forever.  

How is that possible?

It's a gift from God. 

John 13:34-35 says this - "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this, all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

Life as a Christian means we get to be part of something special. I know some of you have had "not so great experiences" in churches -  so have I. But we need to be patient with one another.

When we place our faith in Christ we immediately become part of God's family. We are his children and that makes us special. We're not suddenly perfect human-beings, but we are forgiven. And although we sometimes disappoint our Father and ourselves, that doesn't change our "status" with God. We still belong to Him.

It is comforting to know that no matter where we go, we have family - people we can count on - people who will pray for us, encourage us, help carry our burdens and who will love us just as we are.

I am thankful I got to be part of the Church on the Mountain for a day. The friendship, love, good food, and fun now lives in my memories where I can call upon them anytime and be reminded of God's goodness.

Thank you so much ladies for loving me.

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie




3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Bonnie. We loved having you at our little log church on the mountain and you are now part of our family forever.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis