Friday, December 31, 2021

Reason to Hope

 



This is the last day of 2021. I have been close to tears off and on all day. My mind and heart carry me back over the last year and the one before that. I'm glad to say goodbye to 2021. It's been a year of sorrows for so many. I grieve for all who have lost loved ones. And for those who lost their businesses or who had to move or lost their job or their health. And I grieve for the loss of trust ... in our leadership and in one another.

I've had trouble thinking about what I might say in this message. I want to offer encouragement and hope, but I am waiting for the words. They do not come easily. The last many months have revealed much of the evil that is embraced in this world. I am sickened by it. But there is a battle going on. It rages - good against evil.

I've known about this ongoing battle, scripture tells us about it. But I hadn't seen it clearly. Too often I walked through life as if I were blind. I didn't understand that I didn't want to know the whole truth, and I won't know it all until I'm swept off this planet to my eternity. But my eyes are being opened a bit more every day. I have much to learn. I pray to the Almighty God each day, asking that He reveal truth to me and that He will bless me with wisdom and discernment so I will do what is right ... not what is easy. 

I apologize for sounding like I'm feeling hopeless. I am not, but I am a realist. I believe in looking a problem straight in the eye and then doing what must be done. 

It is clear our world is a mess, full of sin and hate and terrible evil. We will all see one day. But there is so much more than that in this life. There is astounding beauty and love and kindnesses shown to one another. And there is The Father's love. 

How precious we are to Him. He created each of us unique and special. We can be a gift to one another if only we will embrace our uniqueness and share the love of our Father.  If we do this simple thing, we can change the world. 

We always have reason to hope for "He who is in me is greater than the one who is in the world."

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie


Every year I choose a word for the year. This year my word is HOPE. What is yours?

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Bonnie! Beautifully stated! We have much to be hopeful for when we are surrounded by our Father's love! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. May the Lord bless you in beautiful and unexpected ways this coming year.

      Delete
  2. Bonnie: You are not alone in you feelings. This past year has been a tough on for a lot of people. As my hubby and I age, this world becomes something we don't really understand or even like. But God makes it easier for me to handle what I see and hear. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many of us "out there" - we're not alone. There is comfort in that knowledge.

      This has been rough, but if we keep our eyes on God and His goodness we will walk the path with confidence and peace. Peace to you.

      Delete
  3. Your post is a healthy mix of realism and hopefulness, Bonnie. My word for the year is Worship. May God bless you as you continue to put Your hope in Him and seek His wisdom and discernment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan thank you for your encouraging words. I want to live a balanced life.

      Worship is a great word for 2022. What is your favorite way to worship God?

      Delete

ShareThis