Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Remember

 


Today was another one of those days I dread. My nephew, Daniel Leon, passed away. He went suddenly, without warning. We were not ready to say farewell. 

Daniel was an intelligent, fun and entertaining young man. He could make a party out of the simplest gathering. He always had a good story to tell or an intriguing idea to toss into a conversation. He was a great cook and at most of our gatherings he would end up in the kitchen. His life wasn't easy. It was complicated and challenging, but he always had a smile for those around him.

There is a big hole now, where he lived his life. Like so many others we've loved, he has moved on. We've lost too many, more than I can count. But I know with little effort I could recall everyone who has touched my life and then stepped into eternity. 

Every time we lose someone to death, I am confronted with the complexity and mystery of life and death. How can a person's powerful spirit be here one moment and then gone the next?

I am reminded of how precious the time we've each been given is. We dare not take it for granted. And I remember the moments when I allowed small-mindedness, petty complaints or a lack of gratitude to take residence in my thoughts - Such a waste.

The Lord God tells us to love one another. How different our world would be if we could do this one thing. And then to remember to tell one another how much we love them. 

I love you, Daniel. And I already miss your big smile and your powerful bear hugs. 


Grace and peace to you from God,


Bonnie Leon  

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:01 PM

    So sorry for your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Spead the love.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5:33 AM

    So sorry Bonnie. Praying God's comfort for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. The Lord is here. Family is coming today. This weekend is going to be about love and memories. (except I will have to do it from a distance because I have surgery tomorrow). Bad timing, but can't be postponed.

      Delete
  3. Patricia Lee11:33 AM

    So sorry. When we lose someone so suddenly, like I did with my sister and you with your nephew, the loss takes time to register itself in our consciousness. And it hurts. May God comfort you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the condolences and wise words. Sad to say, I've been in this place before ... many times, but it's always harder when it's a young person. Too soon in my estimation.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous6:42 AM

    So very sorrow to hear this! Only meet him once but got to know him through Merna!. So many family members you loved Dearly, so sorry! praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reaching out. My sister Myrn has a son named Daniel, but this is my nephew on my husband's side of the family.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9:00 PM

    Bonnie, I just came across this sad news. Daniel has been reunited with his mom and may they find peace, as well as the families and friends they left behind. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:00 PM

      Danita

      Delete
    2. Danita, this is not Myrn's son. This is Greg's brother's son.

      Delete

ShareThis