Monday, August 17, 2009

Quiet Moments With God -- He's Got Our Back

While reading today I came across a powerful verse. Isaiah 33:21-22 says, The Lord will be our Mighty One. He will be like a wide river of protection that no enemy can cross, that no enemy ship can sail upon. For the Lord is our judge, our lawgiver, and our king. He will care for us and save us.

As I read these verses, God's peace spilled over me. I was reminded that no matter what life throws my way the Lord will be there to stand with me.

The verse says he will be our "Mighty One". I suppose to each of us this statment brings a unique image to mind. I see a warrior who will prevail against any and all enemies. With Him there is nothing to fear.

There's more. The verse says, He will be like a wide river of protection. I love that picture. I can see myself sitting in the midst of a quiet lake where no foe can come near. It is a place of absolute peace.

Isaiah goes on to describe the Lord as the only one who can decide right from wrong—He is the judge, the lawgiver. We don't have to figure out right from wrong--He's already got it all worked out. God's Word has the answers and they are a resilient and reliable foundation.

And finally, it says He will care for us and save us. God provided a Savior who guarantees an eternal refuge for all who believe in Him. We know without a doubt that there is a place for us in heaven. What better way can a father care for His children than to offer a Savior?

With God there is no reason to fear. He offers peace. He is our foundation. And He has provided a Savior. God is generous with his gifts. We have no reason to worry. He’s got our back.

Grace & peace to you from God.

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis