Monday, June 28, 2010

Quiet Moments With God -- A Love Letter

Dear One, please hang on. I know life is hard and sometimes the battles feel as if they can't be won, but press on.

When there seem to be no answers, know that there are. When you feel as if you're lost in a pitch black night, know there is light. When you feel as if your strength has run out, know that God will lift you up. He hasn't forgotten you. He hasn't lost sight of you. He sees every worry, every hurt, every adversity. Look to him and he will set you on your feet. Your answers will be found in him alone, and it his peace that will comfort you.

The apostle Paul told us in Philippians 3:12-14, "I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

Dear one, press on. Strain toward the goal. Don't look back. What lies behind is vapid. Seek your Father. He would not ask you to do the impossible. Whatever he asks, you can do.

Life is full of trouble, but beauty and treasure still resonate. Do not become distracted by the rigors of the world, but instead hold onto Truth. God's Word is powerful and pure. Like an arrow it finds its mark. Cling to it, believe it and true riches will be yours.

Resist the wiles of the enemy. He offers destruction. The One who truly loves you gives life.

Grace and peace to you from God.

Bonnie Leon

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm speechless. This is exactly what I needed to 'hear'. I felt as if God was whispering to me as I read each word. It's not like I don't know this...but how easy it is to forget in the middle of trials and tribulation. This one has to get printed up and posted somewhere prominent so I can 'hear' His words again and again until they're written in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:13 PM

    OKEY DOKEY... I hate our enemy. Your writing was a good reminder--and also sounds as if you're bolstering yourself... God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kav.

    Sometimes when I blog, the words just spill onto the page and I trust they are from the Lord. That's what happened yesterday when I sat down to write. And I just let it flow, trusting that God would be glorified and those reading would feel His presence.

    Praising Him for His goodness.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patti.

    When I write I hear it in my heart. It helps.

    Love you gal,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right on target, Bonnie. I needed these words!

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherri, so good to hear from you. And glad to know my words have been of help. I know you have a lot coming up. I will be praying for you.

    Grace and peace to you,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey Bonnie, thought i would pop over here and howdy!

    have a very cool week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jel, how nice to see you here on my blog. And thanks for the good wishes. Hope your week is filled with fun surprises.

    Blessings,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis