Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tips For Triumphant Living -- Follow The Shepherd


Psalm 23 is a familiar verse to most of us. What a beautiful picture of our Lord--Our Shepherd. A shepherd looks after and cares for his flock.

This morning while reading I was touched by the picture of a shepherd who tenderly watches over and is even called to lay down his life for his sheep. Sheep are not known for their intelligence. They can be stubborn and sometimes wander away from the flock. And when the shepherd comes to their rescue they're not necessarily grateful.

I'm part of The Shepherd's flock, with all the same weaknesses as my fellow sheep. I'm grateful for the loving shepherd who watches over me. I trust Him to watch, to lead, to protect and to provide peace, rest, and strength.

What would happen if I were to wander off and lose sight of my shepherd? Most certainly destruction. There are beasts waiting to pounce and storms with the power to destroy. I dare not take my eyes off The Shepeherd. He is my haven of safety.

If we follow Him we'll never become lost. Keep our eyes on the One who cares beyond comprehension and we'll rest in green meadows.

Grace and peace to you from God.

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. A good reminder, Bonnie. It's so easy to lose sight of Him in this crazy world but the relationship between shepherd and sheep is definitely worth nurturing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kav. Life is interesting. I wrote that message on Thursday and Friday I was so lost. A very rough day. So thankful the shepherd came looking for me, and found me. I hope to write about it for Monday's message.

    Grace and peace,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shepherd is always there for you and I am too. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    God Bless You!
    Hugs!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the support, Rebecca. It means a lot to me.

    God bless,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis