Thursday, September 09, 2010

Tips for Triumphant Living -- We've Got To Begin

Have you ever had what you thought was a good idea, some sort of outreach, or task or something that would just plain bless someone else? Maybe you've felt God had called you to something, but were too afraid to give it a try. I have. And too often I've ignored Holy Spirt nudges, thinking there's not enough money, or I'm not skilled enough or it's just a silly idea anyway. How many great opportunities have we passed by because we were counting only upon ourselves to pull it off?

As a body, we have an incredible number of gifts and talents, creative minds full of great ideas and a sense of purpose. And yet, we ignore them, thinking they are not enough. Well, they're not. And if we allow our self-securities to rule us we'll live a life of regret. We don't need to depend upon ourselves. There is God--remember--the One who created the universe.

There is a German Proverb, which says, "Begin to weave and God will provide the thread."

Keeping that in mind, all we have to do is begin, believe in The One and step out in faith. God will provide all we need. What's on your mind today? What idea, or project or task? Who do you know who needs help or just a hug or a kind word? Maybe you have a REALLY big task you think God's calling you to. Is it too big for Him?

Just remember, "Weave and God will provide the thread."

Grace and peace to you from God.

Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. I love that German proverb...it could certainly be applied to writing. "Begin to write and God will provide the words." I know I often get what I feel are inspired thoughts but if I don't act on them I start to self-doubt and then I lose the fire and it just sizzles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. And with the edit I've got to do on my book, Wings of Promise, I really need to sizzle and not fizzle. :-]

    Could use prayer for this one.

    God bless,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya got it :)



    Hi Bonnie, hows your back?
    hope it is better.
    have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Jel.

    Well, I'm weaving and trusting God to do the rest. I actually put on my shoes and socks today--first time in five weeks. Yay! And tomorrow is my first day of therapy.

    It's a beginning. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote. I'm going to put that above my computer!! Thanks, Bonnie. I pray you are continuing to gain strength and heal.
    Love
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristen.

    I'm with you, I think I'll put it up on my computer where I can see it all the time. I need reminding, too. :-)

    I had my first therapy session today and I'm tired. It wasn't all that hard but it wore me out. Guess I've just been down so long that it doesn't take much. But I'm excited to begin. And hopeful for a life-changing outcome.

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis