Saturday, December 24, 2011

Quiet Moments With God -- A Baby Changes Everything



It is Christmas Eve. Every year I take time on this holy night to reflect, remember why there is Christmas.

In the midst of the excitement of Christmas preparations and my new book news it's easy to lose sight of what this day is all about. Emmanuel has come. God is with us! HE IS WITH US! How do we get our minds and hearts around this unbelievable gift?

What kind of love gives everything? God gave His only Son, He offered Himself. He came in the form of an infant, placed His life in the hands of a man and a woman. And then, ultimately, He sacrificed his life for ours.

My word for this year is WORSHIP. How precious it is to bow before the Lord and remember all that He has done. I long to know Him more deeply, more intimately, and to love, obey, and worship Him. If only I could walk every step with Him in mind, grateful for every breath, every moment, every opportunity. I pray my heart will be filled with the kind of love He offers to us.

This Christmas, remember Him and . . . Rejoice!

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie,
    Thanks for the sweet post and the video link. A baby really does change everything... :) :) So thankful that Jesus Christ saved me :) :) Happy CHRISTmas to you and your sweet family :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis