Thursday, December 25, 2014

Quiet Moments With God - God With Us



"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means, God with us."

Each Christmas season I watch the movie The Nativity. Each time is like the first. I discover truths I haven't seen before. Tonight, was the same. 


I am in awe of God's providence - overwhelmed by the gift of his son who was given for us. We do not deserve such a gift, but God offers mercy and grace even to the least of us.


I am amazed at the response of a young girl, who said, "I am the Lord's servant. May it be to me as you have said." Mary said yes to God, knowing it could cost her life.


What an honorable man was Joseph who accepted an unbelievable truth about his virgin wife and bravely stepped into the role of husband and protector of Mary and the child called Jesus.


If any of them had refused, what then? I believe God can do all things and would provided a way. But how blessed are those who obey the will of God.


God is good all the time. His will is true and right ... always.


May you know his grace and peace this Christmas season and always.


Bonnie


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis