Wednesday, April 03, 2024

The Storm



We are living in an incredible time in history. And though it may feel awkward, even painful it is a privilege.

It's my guess that many of you know the world is out of sorts, off kilter, nonsensical. Nothing seems exactly right. And you are right to feel that way. There is a big change going on. In fact, there is a war that is unseen by many. It's not the kind of war we're used to, it's an information war and a spiritual war of good against evil. 

Some of you are very awake and know what's going on and others are still slumbering, but you will awaken soon. I joined the world of the awake about three years ago...it's been a process, and not an easy one. At this juncture I find myself asking, what is my role in all of this? What can I do to help?

I am limited, but I want to encourage you. This war is not without God. He is involved. And He knows the outcome. Scripture says He knows the beginning and the end of all things. 

God will not abandon us. He will stay with us to the very end. In many ways, this is an exciting time. Change is coming, and much of that change will be beneficial to mankind. However, there will likely be stormy seas between here and there.

I am reminded of Mark 4:35-40, which says, 'As evening came, Jesus said to his disciples, "Let's cross to the other side of the lake." So they took Jesus in the boat and started out, leaving the crowds behind (although other boats followed). But soon a fierce storm came up. High waves were breaking into the boat, and it began to fill with water. Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion. The disciples woke him up, shouting, "Teacher, don't you care that we're going to drown?" When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Silence! Be still!" Suddenly, the wind stopped and there was a great calm. Then he asked, "Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?"'

Wow. What a picture the Lord has painted for us. Unlike the disciples, Jesus was asleep. I wish I could say that I would have been like Jesus, but most likely I'd have been more like the disciples who were yelling at him to wake up because they were certain the boat was going to sink. 

Jesus is God. A storm is not a threat to Him. In the story in Mark 4 He immediately took charge, and the winds and wild waves became calm.  

Jesus asked, "Why are you afraid?"

Is He asking that of us right now? Likely.

We do not need to fear even though we are in the midst of a storm. God is with us. He will see us through. He has a plan. I don't know what is coming tomorrow or the day after or the day after that, but I can turn to the Lord, especially when I am afraid, and He will comfort me.

In these trying times hang onto Jesus. Talk to Him and remember to thank Him for the many blessings in life. Draw close to The Father and remember to be quiet so you can hear Him when He speaks.

As the days come and go, I will keep living life and doing my best to live boldly and without fear. Glad times are coming. Hang on.


Grace and peace to you from God,


Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis