Monday, May 23, 2011

TOPIC OF THE DAY: Just Another Saturday?


It's been all over the news -- Judgment is coming. It's true. But it didn't come last Saturday. Only God knows the time and day. Even Christ said He didn't know. It's foolish for man to believe he can figure it out. My heart aches for those who believed and prepared, some giving up everything. And then they waited and there was no return. It really was just another Saturday.

What was I doing last Saturday? I was living. And because of that Saturday wasn't JUST another day. It was special, filled with love and laughter. I watched my two eight-year-old grandsons play baseball. And I loved every minute of it. It was most definitely not ordinary.

Though I wait for Christ's return, He tells me to live and to love and to share His love with others. And then at the right time, He will return. My job, as it were, is to follow Him and be an ambassador for Him. I read and study His Word. I pray and worship. But I also spend time with the people I love and meet new people and pray that one day I will be able to share the good news of Christ with them.

Being at that baseball game was part of a bigger picture. I chatted with my daughter, husband and neighbors. We cheered for the kids out on that field. They were learning about discipline, sportsmanship and about having a good time. I saw a lot of smiles, leaps of joy, expressions of surprise and comradarie. Those kids were having a good time and they blessed my socks off.

I encourage each of you to look and wait for Christ, but while you do remember that as you go about your every day tasks enjoy God's gift of life and share His truths with others.

I thank God for grandsons and for baseball, for every good thing. And I look forward to the return of Christ, but until He comes I don't plan to waste the days given to me. There's so much to be done, so much to enjoy.

Treasure every moment.

Grace and peace to you from God.

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis