Saturday, April 05, 2008

Quiet Moments With God -- A strong hand.

Recently, while reading My Utmost For His Highest I was struck by this phrase, "God speaks in the language you know best, not through your ears but through your circumstances."

Sometimes Oswald Chambers is so right on with where I am that it takes my breath away. I've been seeking, but trying to ignore cirsumstances because they led in a direction I wanted to avoid.

Isaiah 8:11 says, The Lord spoke thus to me with a strong hand. The circumstances used were harsh.

The Lord knows us well. He knows what it takes to get our attention. We just need to tune in and then we'll see Him in the midst of life's events.

I want to know God's will, in the every day and down the road. In Psalm 119:105 it says, Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light for my path. The Lord wants to show me the way, offering light at my feet so I don't stumble as well as down the path so the decisions I make today will not negatively effect tomorrow.

Although my spirit longs to know and to be in God's will the "me" part of me resists. In spite of that, I've learned to pay attention to circumstances, most of the time. The more intimate my relationship is with God the more attentive I am to His leading.

Sometimes God uses a strong hand, but only out of love. He wants the best for us. Because I know this, life is less intimidating. I need not fear the difficulties. Instead I can anticipate the next adventure, knowing that whatever it is it will draw me closer to Christ and mold me into the person God wishes me to be.

May we praise Him in the circumstances!

Grace & peace to you from God.

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis