Friday, April 18, 2008

Tips for triumphant living--Seek more than a snapshot.

We look at circumstances, weigh choices, consult friends and think we possess wisdom, believing we know what is best. But Isaiah 3:22 says, "Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he."

Whoa! That catches one's attention. I love God's Word, but sometimes I'm unable to rest in it. I search for guidance in all kinds of places, which includes my Bible, my Lord, my friends. And, still, I worry about what I should or shouldn't do. God says I'm to rest in Him. He offers me true peace of mind.

In truth, what good is my knowledge and wisdom when compared to God's? Think about it; He created the entire universe; He spoke it into being. He knows the beginning and the end and everything in between. I have only a snapshot of life, one piece of a very large puzzle. God sees the entire picture. It makes little sense to trust in my own perspective when I can have God's.

Being residents of this world, we often trust in what we feel, what we believe and see. In light of who God is it seems that true wisdom would drive us to Him. He welcomes us; we can approach His throne with confidence and place our burdens at His feet.

God has all the right answers. If we trust in our own views rather than His then we are behaving foolishly and may well pay the consequences. And we need to keep in mind that God loves His children enough to allow those consequences.

He has a better plan. The best plan. Trust Him.

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis