Friday, July 30, 2010

Tips For Triumphant Living -- Go To The Word

The Word of God will never lead us astray. Proverbs 30:5 says, "EVERY word of God is flawless". How wonderful it is to know there is a place we can go when we need comfort, guidance, assurance and love--a place without error where we have no fear of being led astray. We can trust God's Word and be certain that what we read is the absolute truth.

I'm asking for a show of hands. How many of you read the Word of the Lord every day? Every other day? How about every week?

Like many of you, I'm not always faithful in this area. I read my Bible and a devotional, nearly every day. And I'm usually working through a study of some kind. But . . . when I'm especially busy or on vacation my Bible sometimes remains out of sight. Why? It holds the wisdom of the universe.

Maybe I just don't really get it--that The Word is life. It offers me everything I need. Without it I'm like one who is blind and trying to make my way through a city with no one at my side.

When we're in some kind of trouble what do we do? I can't count the times I've worked a problem over and over through my mind and agonized over what to do. And often I seek help from a friend or family member. We need one another, but we also need God. If we ignore him we're being foolish. God has placed His truths in one book. It is complete. He hasn't left out one word. All we need to do is open it and read. There we will find Him, the God of all the universe. And in addition to that--His Holy Spirit dwells in us. He's with us always.

How unbelievably wonderful it is to be a child of The King! We're never alone, never without help, and never not loved.

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie

8 comments:

  1. I read the Word of the Lord every few days? When I need help I seek help from a friend or family member, or I figure out the best way by myself, and trust I am doing the right thing.I agree with you,we're never alone, never without help, and never not loved.
    God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My this is timely. I made a resolve to be more diligent in my bible study...about two weeks ago and it's been hit and miss since there. I even bought Beth Moore's 'Jesus the One and Only' to use as a study guide. Guess I better crack it open. Thanks for the nudge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Message, Miss Bonnie I am guilty of not being in His word daily. I get out of the habit and it is difficult to get back again and I know that my Daily Bread isn't enough. Good for you to remind me. Luv, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Booth, so good to hear from you. What a comfort to know we're not alone. :-)

    God loves to meet with us. I found myself talking to him even more today than usual. He seemed so close, so amazing. I was filled with gratitude all along my day. It was a good day.

    With love,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kav,

    Timing is so interesting. It can make all the difference in whether we pay attention to something that's nudging us or not.

    And Beth Moore's studies are fabulous! Enjoy. :-)

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barb.

    We all need to be reminded from time to time. When I let my time with God lapse He reminds me in some way--often through friends. But how amazing it is that we can actually walk into the throne room of the King without fear but with confidence. And He will listen to us and remind us of his love.

    Amen!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do we forget? It's so frustrating when the answers are right in front of us.
    Thanks for the post, Bonnie!
    (I'm bummed you're not at OCW right now:(((

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kristen.

    I wish I was there too. But I figure God knows best. I'll be praying for you all this week. It'll be fabulous, I'm sure. :-)

    Hugs,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis