Sunday, October 09, 2011

Quiet Moments With God -- Living Out Our Faith


I want to introduce you to my mother--an incredible woman. Though she often felt as if she lacked faith she has lived a life full of faith. During my growing up years, she was the neighborhood savior--always willing and able to help in a crisis--she was steady when it counted. And to this day, I don't think I've ever met anyone who has a more grateful heart. Though she's had her share of tragedy and lives a simple life with few frills she's thankful for each day and never fails to thank God for her "wonderful" family.

Tonight Mom waits in a hospital. She's having open heart surgery in the morning to repair or replace a valve and to repair an artery. She's eight-six years old and understands the risks, but as always all she can talk about is how blessed she is. When she set off for the hospital earlier this evening, all I saw was faith and peace. She knows God has her in His hands and no matter the outcome of tomorrow's surgery all is well.

I am blessed. She lived out her faith and that faith changed my life.

In the days to come would you please pray for my mother and for the family who loves her?

Grace and peace to you from God.

Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. It's good to hear of Godly women, I will be praying for this woman, her family and all the medical staff who comes in contact with her. God bless, please keep us posted on her well being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TC,thank you for your prayers. Mom did well today. She has a long journey toward health ahead of her, but she's not alone.

    Grace and peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Rosslyn.

    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your FB post. Glad she's doing better. Praying for her continued recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristen. Thank you. She's had some rough days, but is taking one step at a time toward better health.

    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis