Saturday, March 17, 2012

About Today -- Feed Your Soul


This evening, my husband and I shared a meal with friends and then attended a Beyond Celtic concert. The food was delicious and dinner conversation was comfortable and pleasant. The concert was a stirring combination of Irish music and song with Irish step dancing. And there was a bit of humor thrown in to spice things up. It was great fun--just what we needed to lift us out of the daily grind.

Before leaving home, I wasn't enthusiastic about going. I was tired and knew that the five hour outing would create additional pain. But I didn't want to let my husband down and so off we went. I'm so glad my "rut" didn't keep me home. Forcing myself awake and the extra pain was well worth it. Time with good friends is to be cherished, and my spirits were uplifted while I snuggled close to my husband and enjoyed the show.

After the show, I people-watched while waiting for a valet to retrieve our car. People-watching is always fun.

One man was in Scottish dress, including the kilts. A woman wore an interesting outfit that looked like it had been splashed with a dozen different sample paints of different colored paint, and another woman stood in the cold, windy night air dressed in a moo-moo and sandals. She looked comfortable enough even though I huddled in my sweater, wishing I hadn't left my coat in the car. From what I could see they all appeared to be having a good time--chatting and laughing.

That's how it's supposed to be. Life is to be enjoyed.

It's late now and I'm in my jammies at home, but I feel more alive, more inspired and happier than I did before I left this evening. My world looks brighter. It took effort for me to climb out of the rut I was in, but I'm happy I did. I wish the same for each of you. Take time to consider if you're in need of some fun. Merriment is good for us.

Don't let the good stuff pass you by. Feed your soul. It will thank you.

Grace and peace to you from God.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for you, Bonnie! That's wonderful. I can relate to having to force oneself out. I'm seeing a chiro, now, for the vertigo, and it's making me sore and headachy. But I guess it makes sense that re-aligning one's bones makes one uncomfortable. (X-rays showed the top three vertebrae are off by @ 25% of where they're supposed to be.)
    I will get out of my rut with a trip to CO next week. I'm so happy Eric gets to join us the following week! It will be so good to see my sisters and Mom, too. It's been @ a year and a half. My youngest sis was just diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer. !! Praying for His Spirit to guide my time there and give us times of peace and rejoicing.

    I'm sorry to hear you are still in pain. Same issue with your back? The Lord bless you with His healing presence today! xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy is good--yup! Where was the concert? We once went to 7 Feathers for a smashing Irish concert... it was so fun. We had ourselves a fine time tonight too--I do love this day---and YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miriam, I pray that the chiro care helps. Vertigo is so difficult to deal with.

    Enjoy your time with family. What a treat.

    And yes, my back is still a problem. But God and I are working on it. I'm better a lot of the time.

    Many blessings to you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we were at Seven Feathers, Patti. It was a packed house. It was the second concert we've gone to there and we hope to see more in the future.

    Love you too. You're such a dear.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis