Saturday, March 31, 2012

Relationship -- It began in The Garden.


"When the cool evening breezes were blowing, the man and his wife heard the Lord God walking about the garden."

Adam and Eve heard the Lord in the garden! Can you imagine, walking in the garden with God? When I walk through a forest with the sound of wind in the trees and bird song all around I catch a glimpse. When I look out over a broad green valley I catch a glimpse. When I gaze at an azure sky tufted with clouds I catch a glimpse. I can see Him and feel His presence. And yet, it isn't The Garden.

In the beginning there was no enmity between man and God. Adam and Eve conversed with the Lord. He was Father God. They loved one another and spent time together. They had a relationship. And then sin destroyed the perfection of that relationship.

Since that time, mankind has longed for what he lost. It is only because Jesus Christ permitted men to nail him to a cross and then accepted our sins as His own that it became possible for us to walk with The Father as Adam and Eve once did. Do you find yourself longing for that kind of relationship? To be so close to God that He isn't further away than your next breath?

I do. And I hunger for that kind of relationship with the people in my life. The Garden is the place we begin. The Father reaches down to us, we accept His embrace, His unconditional love and then we reach out to others. Human love is flawed and insufficient unless it is coupled with the love of God.

If we're to love one another as God commands us, we must begin with Him.


Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis