Friday, January 27, 2012

Quiet Moments With God -- A New Creation


My heart is full. I spent several hours continuing my interviews with Bonnie Preschern, a native woman who grew up in Alaska. I am working on her memoir, an amazing story of survival and redemption. She lived a life few have ever known. She has every reason to be bitter . . . but she's not. She is a light that casts a glow of forgiveness and wonder on the greatness of God.

I don't want to give away her story because I want you to read the book so I won't say more about that, except that Bonnie is a walking miracle and is now a living, breathing example of what it means to be a disciple of Christ.

When she speaks I listen. I see the love of God in her eyes and hear it in her voice and see it in her actions. When she speaks of Him and of how blessed she is her eyes flood with tears and so do mine.

When we place our faith in Christ we are a new creation. I've witnessed it in others who are close to me and in me the day I received the love and forgiveness offered by my Lord. And once more God is reminding me of His grace and love and His power through a wounded woman who loves Him with her whole heart.

We have so much to be thankful for. Are we a light to the world? Do we demonstrate the transformation of the new creation--us?

God has given much. Don't forget to thank Him. And to tell others of His goodness.

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. must be the name Bonnie that's so special... I'd like to have a lunch with you two Bonnies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we can make that happen, Patti. I expect once the book is released, Bonnie and I will get out together and I'll be able to introduce her to my special friends and she'll share more of her story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and uplifting and you have me totally enthralled with the idea of reading the book. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kav, I cannot wait for you to read her story! I have started writing it, and I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. I'm working as hard as I can so you can all meet Bonnie and read about her life.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis