Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Quiet Moments With God - The Cross





Today is 9/11. 

Images of the enemy's attack are etched into my mind. My heart aches for those who lost loved ones on that terrible day. I'm familiar with sorrow, but I can't truly comprehend the heartache of losing a father or mother, son or daughter, sister or brother, husband or wife . . . when the Twin Towers came down.

Like the rest of America I watched the footage, again and again. I wept and ranted and I prayed. How does one go on? How can you take another breath, another step? And how do you douse the flames of rage?

Righteous anger is not sin. But hanging onto our fury hurts - it doesn't help. However, there is one who takes up our cause.

Isiah 61: 1-3 says this, "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed. He has sent me to tell those who mourn that the time of the Lord's favor has come, and with it, the day of God's anger against their enemies. To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes.   

The brokenhearted are set free . . . 
to trust again, to love again and to live again,
 for the Lord God comforts those whose hearts have been broken. 
The enemy was destroyed at the cross of Christ. 
And even in the midst of rubble the cross rises up. 

God offers beauty for ashes. He is The One who makes us - stronger, wiser and more determined to stand against evil. Reach out and take His hand. He will lift you up.

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis