Monday, December 09, 2013

Quiet Moments With God - Be Where He Is




The glow of candles seem to exhale quietness - peace - pondering. All things I've been too busy to do recently. 

November 15th my book, The Journey of Eleven Moons, released. Each time a new book launches I'm reminded of the enormity of work involved. It's fun, but always extremely time consuming. And I'm often faced with responsibilities that require me to dig down and find courage.

There's more than just the book release going on. There is a house to build with all the decisions and work that's required. My husband and I embrace and abhor the process.

And there is Christmas, which is fast approaching. I've been busier than usual this year because of family circumstances.

I skipped my devotion time this morning, just as I've done the last week. Finding myself longing for time with the Lord, I sat down tonight intent on Him. Oh how I've missed Him. I opened one of my favorite devotionals, Jesus Calling. As is often the case, God sent an arrow of conviction straight into my heart.

I love the entire devotion, but I will share only a little with you. "Let Me lead you step by step through this day. If your primary focus is on Me, you can walk along perilous paths without being afraid."

And then I went to a scripture from John 12:26. "Anyone who wants to be my disciple must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me."

When I get too busy or distracted it is easy to feel lost. All my energy has been geared up for "the launch" of my book. I've been focused. Working hard. Staying busy. And . . . leaving God behind. 

The Lord says, "my servants must be where I am."  

How can I be where He is when my thoughts are on everything but Him? 

It's not just the book launch that has steered me off course. The busyness of the season has acted as a thief, robbing me of vision. It can lead us all astray where we forget to be where He is. It is destructive and surprising, especially at this time of year, which has been set aside to remind us of our precious Lord and His entrance into the world.

Enjoy the beauty and fun of Christmas but remember that without Christ there is no Christmas, there's only mas . . . and what is that?

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis