Thursday, March 06, 2014

Quiet Moments With God - A Life Line











Have you ever felt like you were drowning - in responsibility, grief, physical or emotional pain? You are worn out, worn down, empty. How do you push on? Should you?

I am in that place.

I cry out to God. Tears are ever near, but I know He will hold me, uplift me. I know He has not brought me to this place without purpose. Once again I am reminded that He alone can save me and the ones I love.

Today, He led me to Psalm 91:1 - 4. "Those who live in the shelter of the Most high will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection."

I close my eyes and breathe deeply of His presence. He is here . . . beside, before me. There is no place I can go from His presence. And though the days are difficult I do not travel through them alone. But . . . He asks one thing of me - hang onto the lifeline He provides and trust in His strength. 

Trust, now there's a word. This season in my life is one more opportunity to receive a deeper understanding of what it really means to trust in God. I praise Him above all things.  

Praise Him . . . always.

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis