Monday, December 12, 2022

Too Scared to Move?





Eek! I could barely look at the photos as I searched to find just the right one. I really do not like heights, and I can assure you I will never find myself on a cliff like this. But I wanted to give you the idea ... you're frozen, are afraid to move, even an inch. But God says, "Go. You've got this."

What do we do? Will we let our fear cripple us? Will we remain immovable, or will we trust and allow God to guide us?

I've been there. And I hate it. Being stuck is always a struggle. It's not easy to find the right answer and let go of fear. Questions assail us. What if this is not the right thing to do? Am I hearing God right? Have I misjudged the calling? What if I fail? What if I let people down? What if I let God down?

It's a terrible thing to be afraid. I came across a saying a few days ago that comforted me, though.  

THERE'S NEVR BEEN A 
DAY WHEN GOD HAS 
PANICKED AND THOUGHT... 
SHE'S RUINED EVERYTHING.


I was so happy to read that. It reminded me that we can't ruin everything because God is in control. He has this thing, whatever it is, handled. We can take a risk. There is a beautiful adventure awaiting us, something that brings us joy and offers joy to others.

I'm not saying we should go off willy-nilly without a thought. We need to weigh things out and spend serious time talking it over with God, but ... 

There is a beautiful verse that speaks to this. Isaiah 41:13 says, "I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear, I will help you."

This verse makes me want to cry. I can see it. God takes my hand. I feel his sturdy, steady grip. He won't let me fall. He'll see me through whatever is required of me.

If we can just keep hold of that image, there is so much more we can do. Life is laid out before us, full of possibilities. We can still have a grand adventure. 

And we can make a difference.

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie Leon





4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:58 AM

    Beautifully said as always. His glorious hand is always there. We just need to remember that and hold onto it. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:45 PM

    Thank you so much for these wonderful words of wisdom. It is scary to take that first step and sometime go "outside the box" but I know that GOD IS IN TOTAL CONTROL. Thank you. Lois :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lois, for your encouragement. You are a brave soul and a good friend.

      Delete

ShareThis