Monday, December 22, 2008

Quiet Moments With God -- He Speaks To Us

Sometimes this writing life keeps me isolated from the world. I spend hours (days--weeks--months) in front of my computer, writing, researching, and marketing. There are weeks that the only days I get out are Sunday for church and Thursday to meet with my critique group. It's easy to lose heart and wonder if I'm truly doing what God intended me, a people person, to do.

And then, I receive a letter like the one posted below. And my heart is encouraged and I know God has used one of his children to remind me why I write. I love creating stories and characters, but foremost I want to say something that will make a difference in someone else's life.

So, thank you Lynn for your letter. It has uplifted me.


I just needed to tell you that you have a new fan. I bought your book "The Heart of Thornton Creek" at our Christian Book store's Anniversary sale.Then I had to hunt for book Two (I like to get all books in a series)as ChristianBook.com did not have it but they did have the 3rd one.The bookstore here in town did have the second one so I have the series.I started the first book Last Monday and it was a powerful book. I could not help but cry at the end of the story.When I can picture the story in my mind as I am reading and it speaks to me between the lines,then it is a powerful book to me.Usually I read one in a couple of days but this week has been busy with the Christmas Holiday approaching so since I had to be at Church very early yesterday morning,as my husband had to be there early, I took it along to finish before church started since I had 2 hours. I am stting out in the reception room crying as I was reading.
Keep up the great work.
I will be getting more of your books now.
May God continue to bless you in your writing Lynn from Springville Tennessee




And to Lynn and all you who stop by my blog, I pray God will bless you with a spectacular Christmas. May it be filled with love, joy and most of all Christ

Grace and peace to you from God.



Bonnie




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis