Monday, February 02, 2009

Quiet Moments With God -- Like a Tree Along a Riverbank

How good it is to belong to the Lord! I can't fathom living without Him. Because of His love I'm never alone.

When we face adversity or sorrow God may not lift us out of our trouble, but He will see us through it. He is our constant and faithful source of sustenance and strength.

Jeremish 17:7 – 8 says, “But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit.”

What a beautiful picture and what a magnificent promise. Those of us who belong to the Lord need never worry that He’ll remove Himself from us. He’ll be there through the storms of life as well as times of drought. And when we feel dry and thirsty, our roots reach into waters that never run dry.

He is my strength, my comfort, my Lord. He supplies my every need. I will praise Him all the day long.

Praise Him! Praise Him!

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie,

    I just wanted you to know about a blog award I'm giving you.
    Go to the link (if it works).

    http://bethstitch.blogspot.com/2009/02/blog-award-lets-be-friends.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! Thank you, Beth. I'm honored.

    God bless you,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis