Sunday, November 01, 2009

Quiet Moments With God -- Our Life Matters

This morning while sitting in church something my pastor said, rang out at me. He quoted a statement from J. Stafford Wright. "Man knows enough to be held responsible for whatever he does or fails to do."

We have no excuses. We know what we ought to do. There is a voice inside that speaks to us, if only we'll listen.

Our life matters, and every day is filled with opportunities. The whole idea of living a life of significance thrills me right down to my toes. We may ask, "What am I supposed to do?" Micah 6:8 gives a straight forward answer. "He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

Each day we face circumstances that force us to ask what should I do? God says demonstrate justice, mercy and humility. If we consistently exhibit these qualities we'll have a positive impact on those around us. And not only others, but ourselves as well.

My pastor said something else, about the Lord, that set me on fire. "He wants our life to adorn His grace." I thought, Wow! That's beautiful! That's powerful! I want that!

Even though I fall far short of perfection I know if I keep my eyes on the Lord I WILL look more and more like Him and my life will adorn His grace. Amazing! And it can happen only because God loves His children and works in their hearts.

Shall we look into His face and know Him? Only then shall we be transformed.

Grace and peace to you from God.

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Yes, its important to keep our eyes on Jesus... I fall so short of reflecting Him in my life...
    Every morning I read my bible, a devotional and Chicken Soup for the Soul... each teaches the values of life, yet do I truely give out enough to others? Not mixing in the work force has caused me to restrict where I go and who I see.... Thank you for helping me to re evaluate and not loose those precious opportunities to bless others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Crystal Mary.

    It's possible that you're being too hard on yourself. You don't see your own reflection but others do. I bet they do see Christ.

    You've been a blessing to me even though you live all the way across the pond. Thank you.

    Grace and peace,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my sister....
    Hey, the first time I attended church in Tenessee I was asked to stand and was then introduced as Sister Crystal Lindsey... Well, I looked around confused... as in Australia a Registered Nurse is professionally known as SISTER...How did they know this??

    DAAAAA CULTURE SHOCK!! In this church everyone woman was know as sister. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love the family of God!

    Grace and peace to you,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis