Monday, August 05, 2013

Quiet Moments With God - Never Forget



When you rush you forget who you are
 and whose you are.

I  sat down this morning to spend time with the Lord, but my spirit was filled with frustration. There was so much to be done and I was behind schedule. Plus I couldn't hold back feelings of defeat over what I couldn't accomplish. Even so, God was there waiting to chat with me. First we met in prayer, then within the pages of one of my favorite devotionals, Jesus Calling. 

The opening words to this blog reached out to me from that devotional. I went to a suggested passage of scripture - 1 Peter 2:9, which says,

But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God's very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.

How often do we rush through our busy lives, feeling as if we can't do enough, never completing our list of tasks and in the melee lose sight of who we are - God's child. A child who is fully accepted and loved by Him. A child He longs to tarry with. 

A child who is a Royal Priest - royal because we are God's very own possession. We have been called out of darkness and into light.

And so, as we go about our days, we must never forget to whom we belong. We have been called to be a light in this dark world. However, do not strive to shine, simply belong to Him and it will happen.

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie


4 comments:

  1. I needed this today!
    Thanks, Bonnie
    Hugs!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so happy Rebecca. Have a beautiful day.

    And hugs to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so needed to read this- great reminder to me. My to-do list will always be there, I need more GOD! He's the best part of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad, TC. Isn't it amazing how God uses us to uplift and encourage one another. His ways and His timing are perfect.

    And you are so right - He is the best part of everything.

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis