Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Quiet Moments With God - Amazing Love


People will always let us down.

We're just folks, weak and needy. We try to love well, but we fall short - we're imperfect, only human.

There is only One who loves perfectly, who loves always. Only One we can count on to never let us down.

My expectations of others and of myself are often unrealistic. Such expectations can leave me feeling trampled upon, disappointed, tearful and even angry. I've expected too much.

Last Sunday, I cried through most of our worship time, overwhelmed by the truth that God is the only one who will always love me - never disappoint me.

I knew that. I know that. But sometimes in the midst of my chaotic life I forget. And I set myself up for a big let down. Silly me.

I am comforted to know there is a Perfect Love.

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you."

Isiah 54:10


God offers these words of comfort. We can be certain He will always be there for us, even when we don't deserve His love, even on our worst day. He won't let us down. He will love us, anyway.


Praise to a God of mercy.


Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Good word, Bonnie. Thanks for being so honest and open. I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Friend,

    I've always believed in being transparent. That way people will know the "real" me, as much is possible. I think God works through us, especially through our weaknesses. As you said, you can relate.

    So thankful for my Lord - He sees all of me and loves me still.

    May His grace and peace wash over you today. Be refreshed.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis