Friday, January 16, 2015

The Journey - Grandchildren To The Rescue





I'm certain there are those of you who will disagree, but I'm convinced that I have the dearest grandchildren on the planet.

They are sweet and thoughtful (most of the time) and they love their grandma. Today they showed me, once again, how special they are.

My back has been giving me trouble throughout the holidays and today it decided to be extra cantankerous. I was down... really down. Ugh.

To make matters worse, my husband is out of town. Taking care of me all by myself is daunting. What to do? I admit to shedding a few tears. But two of my grandchildren, Ezra and Olivia, came to the rescue. They offered to stay with me.

They've been attentive, full of hugs and encouragement. They helped with dinner and did the dishes and joined me for an evening of movie watching.

They stayed over and made sure to let me know that if I need anything they are here for me. Oh ... they warm my heart.

Love can change everything. I have remembered how blessed I am. I'd forgotten for a few moments. 

The Lord uses those who are willing.

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie



2 comments:

  1. My grandkids don't live close but my daughter does & she is so helpful when I'm down in the back.. Gotta love those wonderful helpers! Praying you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna, I am so blessed to have family close by. It hasn't always been that way and who knows what the future holds, but for now I am enjoying every moment.

    And I am feeling better. It's wonderful to be able to move around again.

    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis