Monday, March 09, 2015

Who Am I?





How do we define ourselves? Am I a wife - a mother - a writer - a daughter - sister - sinner - disabled - loser? 

Loser!? I just threw that in to see if you're paying attention. I can't belong to the King of Kings and be a loser.

Let's forget loser, but can we define ourselves by just one title? It would seem silly to do such a thing, but sometimes that's just exactly what we do. I love being a wife, mother, and a writer but I don't much like being a sinner or disabled. And though I can't ignore those descriptions I shouldn't place them at the top of my list, though sometimes I do. 

Above all things, I am a child of God, the Great I Am, the King of King and Lord of Lords. He defines me. 

Just the idea of being the child of The King opens up a realm of possibilities that are incomprehensible. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be the daughter of the president or the wealthiest or most powerful man in the country? How would that shape your life or change it? 

How much more amazing, then, is it to be a child of God? I am cared for, sheltered, and loved by The Great I Am. There is no one above Him - no one who is wiser or more powerful or more loving. He's it. And He calls Himself Father. My Dad. 

Nothing is impossible with God.

Just think on that for a while. I am.

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:20 PM

    Hey, Princess! You really are that special... I am thankful for our many "labels" or descriptions over the span of our lives... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a sweetheart, Patti.

    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:28 PM

    Bonnie, you are all things positive - loser doesn't fit in all of the many descriptions of your personality! Even your sins are covered by the blood of Christ and are remembered no more! "There is therefore no condemnation toward those who are in Christ Jesus our Lord" - Romans 8:1

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis