Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Quiet Moments With God -- The Greatest Gift

A few days ago a friend called. She wanted to know how I was doing--life's thrown some challenges my way recently. After I groused a bit, she asked, "Is there anything good going on?"

I felt a thud in my gut. Nothing came to mind. I couldn't think of anything. Not because there aren't good things in my life, it's just that I'd lost sight of them. My focus was on my troubles.

I am so thankful for God's grace. He soon reminded me of the abundance of blessings in my life, and a rush of thankfulness came over me. I am surrounded by love--the Father's love, that of my church and friends, and my family.

My husband, daughters, son, parents, and grandchildren fill my days with love. They share their lives with me, pray for me, forgive me, laugh with me, offer lots of hugs, and we even tell stories together, to see who can come up with the most creative tale. No matter how difficult life is we can count on one another. How could I ask for more? Love is the greatest gift another person can give. And God has given me an abundance.

No matter what storm bears down on us I can count on love to calm the tempest.

Thank you Lord!

Grace and peace to you from God.

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. What a great reminder! Thanks, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie.

    Thanks for the encouraging note.

    God is so good to remind us. My trouble is I'm not always listening.

    Blessings to you,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis