Friday, March 05, 2010

Tips For Triumphant Living -- Listen to the Wise

I often read the book of Proverbs. If it's the fourth day of the month I read chapter four, the seventh day, chapter seven and so on. It is a wisdom feast.

Today is the fifth so I read Proverb's five. There is always more to learn and today God continued to teach. He has a way of zinging me right where I need it.

Chapter five speaks about temptation. We are bombarded by temptations of every description. Many seem innocuous (are they really?) but there are those that scripture says are as "bitter as poison, as dangerous as a double-edged sword, and that lead straight to the grave".

As I read scripture shouted, "LISTEN TO ME!" If I refuse the day will come when I will groan in anguish for I will receive the fruit of my disobedience. His Word goes on to say, "How I hate discipline, if ony I had not ignored all the warnings!

That's me. There is so much I could have done better, done right. But I haven't lost hope. I can turn to God and obey Him. He is merciful. Though I may pay consequences for my disobedience, He will not leave me nor will He forsake me. Not ever.

I must climb out of a pit I've dug for myself. I'm thankful for the powerful hand of God who will help lift me. Still, how much better it would have been to have listened to His wise counsel from the very beginning.

Although I can begin anew, perfection remains out of my grasp, but God sustains and comforts me. He holds me so close that I hear the beating of His heart.

Today is a new day, a new beginning. A day to rejoice and to praise the King. He has not forsaken me. He is forever and always shall be my Father who loves without restriction.

Grace and peace to you from God.

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:42 PM

    I have been doing the same thing: i.e, reading a Proverb a day and also reading 5 Psalms a day. This way I get through the Proverbs and Psalms each month. Both of them have been so encouraging to me especially w/ how things are in our country today. The assurance of God's love, faithfulness, kindness and mercy are repeated over and over again in both the Psalms and Proverbs. Julie from Idleyld Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how God's family is so connected with Him and each other. I also read a Psalm (not five of them) nearly every day. They are so encouraging to me.

    Graced and peace to you, Anonymous.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis