Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Quiet Moments With God -- A Shout Of Faith


















I started the morning with coffee, my devotional and Bible reading. I love quiet mornings with the fragrance and touch of a cool breeze and the sound of birdsong accompanying a word from God. This morning was delicious. God's presence quieted me as I read from Streams in the Desert. As with most days, I was moved and encouraged. 

These words shouted at me from the page. I knew God was trying to get my attention.


"The loud shout of steadfast faith is the exact opposite of the groans of wavering faith and the complaints of discouraged hearts. Of all the secrets of the Lord (Ps. 25:14), I do not believe there are any more valuable than the secret of this loud shout of faith. The Lord said to Joshua, "See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands, along with its king and its fighting men." (Joshua 6:2). He did not say, "I will deliver" but "I have delivered." The victory already belonged to the children of Israel, and now they were called to take possession of it. But the big question still remaining was how. It looked impossible, but the Lord had a plan."


These summer days have been difficult ones. I have done much too much complaining and some days my faith feels as if it is being blown by the wind. I've been walking through a shadowy valley. And though I seek the light on the hilltops, sometimes I am unable to see it. And I am hard pressed to believe in what seems impossible. 

But God is full of love. He sees me and has compassion on me. He quiets my spirit with inspired writings and His presence. As I rest in Him I am reminded of His ability to accomplish the impossible. Nothing is impossible with Him. Nothing.

I have been called, just as I am with all of my faults and frailties. It is not me who accomplishes the work, but God in me. If he can bring down a mighty wall simply by the faith of believers and their obedience to His instruction then He can help me accomplish what He's called me to do, which requires far less faith than that of Joshua and the Israeliltes.

Me and God are in this together. I'm not alone. And neither are you.

Victory is ours.


Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis