Friday, November 30, 2012

Thoughts For Today -- Twenty-Twenty Vision

Sometimes, I'm like this little pooch. I need powerful glasses. And sometimes even though I've got my glasses on, I don't see what I should. Instead, I see through a personal distorted prism. Have you been there? Done that?

Yesterday I scored 20/20 on a vision test! Not the kind a doctor gives, though.

When I left home and headed into town, it was raining, pouring in fact, and the winds were so strong they pushed my car around. When I headed down our hill there were small mud slides, and once on the highway it was like driving through a big puddle--absolutely dangerous. And yet, I loved it. The brutality of the weather invigorated me. I found myself smiling and singing instead of complaining about making the trip in the midst of a storm. All I could see was beauty and I felt the thrill of adventure.

That morning, I'd spent time with God. And when I set out I took Him with me. My mind and heart were on Him and His wonders, a good place for a mind to be.

Once in town, I had several errands to run and then I went to my mother's to begin her Christmas shopping and wrapping. We had so much fun! And both of us are so excited for Christmas morning. It's going to be special.

All through the day, my usual pain went with me and I was gimpy with a bad knee. In fact, because of the weather my pain levels were higher than usual, but I didn't mind. I had better things to think about, and I hadn't forgotten that God was with me. Happiness and contentment had infused my spirit, and I refused to spend time contemplating the negatives. Oh, they did press in, but I just flicked them away.

That's where the 20/20 vision comes in. I was able to SEE the enemy coming in and trying to ruin my day. Because of God's presence and power the enemy had no power. All right!

In the coming days, I intend to put on my spiritual glasses so that I can see how blessed I am. See the beauty around me. And enjoy the  many gifts given to me. If I can do that, every day will be a beautiful day.

I need your prayers. The enemy won't give up his attempts to bring me down and the battle will wage on. And I'd like to pray for you. How about if we pray for one another?


Grace and peace to you from God.

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:01 PM

    If this is a duplicate comment, please forgive me but my computer kicked me out and I am not sure the other post made it.

    One of my verses in my Bible study this morning was Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you." This sure goes along with your blog today. I would love to pray for you each day and would love your prayers that we keep our eyes on Christ and keep that 20/20 vision in Him.

    Grace and blesings to you too.

    Ann Ellison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann. Your comment did not come through twice. Sorry you had to fight with the technology.

    Love the verse! Thank you so much for the prayers and I will include you in my prayer journal.

    Grace and peace to you.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis