Monday, October 30, 2006

QUOTES

When I learned that Ernie Wenk had won the contest I was thrilled. He's a former student of mine and has been moving forward with his career. Go Ernie!

The contest got me thinking about quotes. We use quotes all the time. I have some favorites such as: "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail," by Ralph Waldo Emerson. I also like this one, "The Person who rows the boat usually doesn't have time to rock it." The author is unknown.

And there's another one a friend of mine came up with. He used to say, "How can I know what I do not know?" It stuck with me especially after my accident when my husband and I were trying to figure out how to live with my new body. I'd get frustrated with him for not understanding my needs. But how could he really know when he'd never experienced what I was going through? I put the quote in the upper right hand corner of my bathroom mirror to remind myself everyday.

Do you have a favorite quote? Please leave it as a comment. And if you know who the author is include that. Especially if you're the author.

I'm always looking for good quotes to add to my file. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Have a great day!

Bonnie

PS If you'd like to be added to my email list, make sure to leave your name and address on my contact page.

1 comment:

  1. C.S. Lewis said

    "Our Father refreshes us on the journey with some pleasant inns, but will not encourage us to mistake them for home."

    Enjoying your site while watching the snow fall this morning...

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis