Sunday, March 16, 2008

Quiet moments with God--Unusual Gifts

Ephesians 3:20 – 21 says, Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever. Amen.

Every time I come to this verse I am reminded of all that I’ve hoped for and prayed for. Even when I thought I was praying big prayers and trusting in a big way God did more than I could have even imagined.

I don’t know about you, but I often think too small; I sometimes forget how great our God truly is. He’s always surprising me with gifts I couldn’t have anticipated. Sometimes those gifts come in unusual packages. In fact, for the last two days I’ve been laid up with my “bad” back . . . again. I’m tempted to feel the wounds of my affliction rather than see the blessings. But God wastes nothing in my life. How can I ignore the extra love I've received the last two days? My husband has seen to my every need and helps me get from from room to room. My daughter has kept a close eye on me and made sure I don't go hungry. And my grandchildren have all made sure to tell me they love me. I've truly been blessed. Therefore, I choose to see these last two days as a gift.

His plans are bigger than mine and sometimes I see his blessings through a veil. I trust Him; He knows just what He wants for me and for each of us. Small thinking has the potential to sidetrack us from His greater purpose.

His course may move us into the unknown but we can trust Him to carry us through whatever storms there are in life and to accomplish what He set out to do. Having faith in our heavenly Father is more than saying yes, we must also step out and do.

Grace and Peace to you from God.

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis