Sunday, August 31, 2008

Quiet Moments With God--Care For One Another.

In my reading today, in First Thessalonians Three, a verse jumped out at me. Verse 10 says, "Night and day we pray most earnestly that we may see you again and supply what is lacking in your faith."

Stunning words, considering Paul had fled Thessalonica under threat of his life. He’d suffered persecutions of all kinds. And yet, rather than thinking about himself and his own comfort, his heart was with those he'd discipled. He was living in harmony with God. His thoughts were God’s thoughts. At that moment, he was not thinking about himself, but rather what he could do to serve God’s people.

I long to be like Paul, to serve without thought for my own needs, but I am human and all to often I find myself having to go to God to seek forgiveness for my selfish ways. And as you read Paul's writings he often addressed his own weaknesses. He did not see himself as being better than others, but rather as the worst of all sinners. But that did not hold him back. He spent his life serving others and living sacrificially.

That’s my prayer, to be the Lord’s completely. It's not easy to do. But we can help one another, by being encouragers, by holding one another accountable and by lifting each other up in prayer so we will not be lacking in faith. Therefore, when we go to our Heavenly Father may we never forget to pray for our Christian family and take comfort in knowing they are praying for us.

Grace & Peace to you from God.

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis