Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tips For Triumphant Living--Pass On Your Faith.

Today, I watched while my daughter and her husband baptized two of my grandsons. The event took my breath away. It reminded me of another day, fifteen years ago, when my husband baptized our two daughters.

The Lord tells us that as parents it is our responsibility to pass on our faith to our children. We can’t rely on Sunday school teachers or pastors or youth leaders. It is our responsibility . . . and our privilege.

My husband and I took God at His word, and believed that He would bless our obedience. We lived out our faith in front of our kids, even the ugly stuff when we looked anything but faithful. They got to see God’s grace and his power in the midst of our weaknesses.

We shared His Word with our brood having faith in the words of Hebrews 4:12, which says, For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Our family has faced many trials. We’ve had tumultuous seasons. Our children have not always walked the “straight and narrow”. And yet, they all believe. Faith and obedience has produced fruit.

I'm blessed by God who loves me and has graciously rewarded my efforts to surrender my life to Him. Even now as I envision my grandsons’ professions of faith and their joyful faces when they were lifted up out of the water tears come.

God truly is good . . . all of the time.

Grace and peace to you from God,

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis