Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quiet Moments With God -- Just As We Are.

I figure by now most of you know who Susan Boyle is. She’s the new singing sensation in England, and rightly so. I was reading a commentary about Susan and was shocked when the writer referred to her as homely. EXCUSE ME! I think she looks more “homey”, friendly, natural. And I’d add that she seems interesting and spunky.

Why even mention her appearance? As usual humans are getting it wrong. We look at the outside appearance. Shouldn’t we know by now that you truly cannot judge a book by its cover? But alas, some things never change, and it’s soooo unfair. When we make judgments on appearance and other superficial qualities we miss out.

What do you think God sees when He looks at Susan? Scripture says He looks upon the heart. I don’t know Miss Boyle, but when I see her verve, courage and talent my guess is that the inside is pretty spectacular. After all, she is God’s creation. And He knew what He was doing when He fashioned her forty-seven years ago.

Susan Boyle blesses me. When I watch her sing, I want to cry. She has a fabulous voice and a genuine, straightforward persona I admire. I thank God for creating her with a voice that soothes the soul.

He’s created us as well, with a special purpose, each with unique gifts. Let’s not shut ourselves down or others because of incorrect judgments. God loves us just as we are. So, let’s love one another as He’s commanded and lift one another up.

Grace and peace to you from God.

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis