Monday, April 27, 2009

Quiet Moments With God -- Sisters

My sister, is visiting from Alaska. She moved away several months ago, and I’ve missed her terribly. It’s wonderful to have her here. However, there just doesn’t seem to be enough time for chatting. It’s amazing that we can pick up right where we left off, as if she’s still just living down the hill. But, that’s how it is with family.

I love my sis, but I have lots of sisters—sisters in the faith. I love them too.

I spoke at a retreat over the weekend and stepped into a roomful of women I’d never met. But they weren’t strangers. I immediately felt a bond of love with the ladies at the First Christian Church in Roseburg. They were gracious and kind of course, but what I experienced was more than just becoming acquainted with some very nice ladies. They were family.

God’s children are all related. We share the same father, our Heavenly Father. We belong to Him and to each other. No matter where we go on this earth when we find a brother or sister in Christ we are instantly bonded. Knowing I’m never alone gives me peace and assurance.

The more I step out into the world the more I realize how big my family is. No matter how long or how briefly we’ve known each other, we’re connected. We’re part of one another and are meant to experience life together. It’s always a treat to discover more of my warmhearted sisters who make me feel loved and cared for.

God knows and understands us so well. We need each other. How like Him to offer us exactly what we need.

John 13:34 – 35 says, “A new command I give you; Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

I love that! They will know us by our love.

Make sure to treat each other with kindness and respect. Love as God tells us to. And if you haven’t done so recently, take a close look at your Christian family and remember to pray for them and to let them know how much you care about them.

And thanks so much to the women of First Christian Church for blessing me this past weekend. You ladies are very special.

Grace and peace to you from God.

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:05 PM

    Thank you Bonnie for blessing each of us. It really was a fun time but it was more than that. It really was a time to reconnect with God and with our sisters in Christ. Praise God that we were able to do that. Julie from Idleyld Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie.

    It was a terrific weekend. The leaders and teachers and all the gals were awesome!

    Blessings all around! :-)


    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie11:13 AM

    Bonnie,
    This is a subject so very dear to my heart. For sometime now the Holy Spirit has really been bringing home the message of loving and caring for one another. I always say that if we love Jesus then we are connected at the heart.
    The Lord has moved us around this country the last few years and I have come to know, and love, so many brothers and sisters in Christ. I miss them all, terribly, and wish I could be with them all.
    The hope that I have in Christ Jesus reminds me that one day we will all be together again, for eternity. No more sad goodbyes!
    What a day that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, thank you for writing. I love what you said -- "If we love Jesus then we are connected at the heart." Right on!

    And I look forward to eternity when there will be no time limits to how long we can hang out with the people we love. :-)

    Bless you,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis