Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Quiet Moments With God -- Let Him In

I am a sinner saved by grace. With my human mind it's difficult to grasp what that really means. I can't comprehend God's love. He sacrificed His son for me and for you. I couldn't give up my child for someone else.

I've been a Christian a long time and sometimes take God's gifts for granted. I forget to be grateful. And yet He never forsakes me. When I look at who I really am, on the inside where no one sees, I wonder why He loves me so much. I guess I don't have to know, but at the very least I should let God have all of me. To do so means I have to let him in.

Am I prepared to do that? To allow God to see my core and then to look at what He shows me about myself? Of course God already knows everything there is to know about me, but the difference I'm making is that I choose to let Him see it all. And I choose to see the real me.

God is good and I don't think He will show us what we're not ready to see. But we need to begin. And to do so means to bend our will to His. Until we look at who we are we can't fully walk with Him. When we hide from our sin, refusing to see it, how can we seek God's forgiveness? How can we grow and change? How can we be transformed?

Looking into our hearts can be painful. I don't like everything I see there. I have too much of "ME" there. And too much me means too little of Him.

Galatians 2:20 says, "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

How about that -- "It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me." That's powerful. That's what I want--to be made new, to be a light to the world.

Don't be afraid to look, Christ's sacrifice covers all our sin.

Grace and peace to you from God.

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie!
    I love this line:

    "God is good and I don't think He will show us what we're not ready to see. But we need to begin."

    I'm so thankful for His gentle goodness in this respect, because if He didn't wait and heaped everything on us at once, who could stand? Not me. I'd fall flat on my face. I'm glad it's a lifelong process to get to know Him and learn what He has to teach us, if only I will let him teach me.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen.

    I have so much "stuff" if he were to let me see it all, I'd die right on the spot. It's kind of like when God protected Moses from seeing Him and all His glory, only in reverse.

    So thankful for God's mercy.

    Course the process, well sometimes that's not fun, but you're right--we've got to be teachable.

    Hugs to you,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis